Sunday, August 28, 2016

I actually went outside today

Sorry for the misleading title today. I've actually been outside the majority of the time here since I've been in Vienna. But now that it's my first actual weekend here (it's currently 6pm here Sunday evening) I wanted to give the people another post.

Friday I had my first german test that went pretty well. I did a good amount of studying for it, but am just thankful that it's all over with. My classmates and I were fortunate enough to have an awesome professor, because after our test (our class lasts three hours) we went to the Naschmarkt. I bought some tasty noodles for about 4 euros and then she treated us to drinks (I got a beer).

Saturday, Charlie, John and I went to the Kunsthistoriche Museum (Art History). There were some killer pictures and pieces of artwork in there. Here are some examples:





That last one is a picture of the roof in one of the halls. It was opened by the Emperor Franz Joseph I around 1891 so as to show off the Hapsburg's impressive (I think the proper term for this is actually gigantic) art collection. Here's one more: 

This is a panoramic of one of the main halls. I can't remember which one, but look at it! It's huge!! The first and second panos are taking from different views from the same hall. 

After the museum, we went to our go to cafe (Coffee Day off of the Innerstadt in the first district). It's very quaint and simple there, and you don't feel the urge to dress up as if you're going to the opera, much like you feel at almost every other cafe. After that, three off us (plus John's friend from home) went out to get some drinks and ended up walking a lot more than not (I am partly to blame for this; took a wrong turn somewhere going to a bar that I recommended). 

Today the three of us and my friend Kaira went to the Cafe Central (you know, that popular cafe where all the intellectuals of the 20th century would hangout and get mad at eachother) to do our homework and get some coffee. Well, my suspicions were true and it was very busy inside. Also,  it didn't look like the kind of place where we were allowed to do homework or things like that. We decided to go back to Coffee Day to do our homework and help eachother out with the German. Anyway, that's enough for today. Tomorrow starts week two of the German Intensive program, and the end cannot come soon enough. I have to work on my strong and weak verbs as well as different prefixes and stuff like that. 

Greg 

bonus picture of a cup of Arabian Coffee I got at a cafe yesterday. It was really tasty. 





No comments:

Post a Comment