Sunday, September 4, 2016

I had a looot of coffee this week.

This past week has been another week full of busy homework and meetings of the sort. I had a big German test this past Friday that I studied a crap ton for, a meeting with Dr. Solvik (The IES Vienna Director) about my classes, and drinking coffee. I had a lot of coffee.

This weekend was a lot of fun though. Friday night my friends and I went out and did some late night hanging out in the different parts of the city. If you are ever in Vienna and want to see cool museums, I urge you to go to the Museumsquartier. It's off the U2 line (I believe it's the second or third stop) and there you can find the big Art History Museum, the National History Museum, the Leopold Museum, and Maria Theresa Platz. It's a very culturally centered center in the city. Inside the actual plaza (despite it being known as the Museumsquartier and not platz,) there is a big open spot for people to sit around and enjoy the nice weather, day or night. We hung out there for about a half hour and enjoyed the scenery (even if it was seriously busy). 

Friday afternoon, after my German class, we went to the Palmenhaus and got some coffee and cake. Google Photos made a lovely slideshow of the pictures I took for me, so if you want to look at that, scroll down to the bottom of the blog post and check it. 

Yesterday, my friends and I went to this cafe in the 6th district called Cafe Sperl. It is an authentic style Viennese cafe that was built in the late 19th Century (1880 I believe). I didn't get any pictures of it because I was too tired and was too enthralled by the live piano playing some arranged orchestral pieces and some jazz music. If you wanna look at some pictures not taken by me, just google "Vienna Cafe Sperl." It should pop up. 

That's all I have for tonight. This coming week is the last week of the German Intensive, and it cannot come soon enough. Stay tuned for the 6-day trek up to Prague! 

Also, here is a picture of a .5L Guinness I got at our local pub called Rupp's. Try and see if you can see the shamrock that's on top of the head in the one pictures. 

Here are the picture from the album (I guess the link wasn't working.) 












No comments:

Post a Comment